Wednesday, October 25, 2017

New Venue Report

A new location for the Davie dance run by Pat & Anita...  the Hollywood Woman's Club.  It's a beautiful building and a beautiful floor.  Unfortunately, because the room is nearly square, it seemed much tighter in size than it is.  Only about 16 people showed up, which is better than the Unitarian church, but still not enough.  I'm not sure what to do about the square shape, though...  two lines with only 16 people in each line?  Parking is also a problem.  That's not to say I dislike the venue, I still like it, I just recognize there are limitations.  One other limitation is that it won't always be available for contra dancing, so dances there may be haphazard rather than on a regular schedule.

Several people I have not seen recently showed up for the dance on Sunday, so that was nice.  I think we had just two complete newbies, one male and one female.  The female seemed to catch on quicker than the male did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before appearing.