Sunday, September 24, 2017

Something to Report

It's been a long time since I posted anything new on here, mainly because I've forgotten about it, but also because I really haven't felt like I had anything to post.  But now I do.

Over the eclipse weekend in August, I managed to make it to the Athens, Georgia, contra dance, even though I had blown a tire on the RV and had to get it repaired on a Saturday.  It was a great dance!  The dancers were experienced, the band was good, the caller was good, and of the crowd of about fifty or sixty, HALF were young people under 30!  I don't know how to create that situation down here in Florida, but we need to.

It's now a week until the 5th Saturday dance in Davie at the Davie Woman's Club.  The club survived the storm, the band and I survived the storm, so we're going ahead with the dance.  I'm calling it the "I Survived Irma" contra dance.  Please come, and please bring a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before appearing.