Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Just Ask Alice

Went to the Sunday Boca Raton dance and missed the Miami Barnacle dance.  Alice Milmoe called and Cornbread played.  The incorporation of Christmas songs into the repertoire was nice, although using the Chipmunk's Christmas Don't Be Late for a waltz was a bit odd.

I like Alice's calling, though I think most female callers need to speak up just a bit more than they do.  I've been told the same about my calling, of course.  Alice was calling at Orange Blossom Ball a few years ago and paid me the supreme compliment of asking me to dance.  With a room full of excellent dancers, being singled out like that was most gratifying.

Here is the website link once again for anyone who wishes to sign up for the New Year's Eve contra dance: http://new-years-eve-contradance.jwbsite.com/  The more people who sign up early, the better we can make the dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before appearing.