Monday, October 31, 2016

5th Saturday

A disappointing turnout for my dance Saturday, just eight paying guests showed up, ten total.  We're going to go ahead with the New Year's Eve promotion to see how many people we can get signed up.  Around 30 came to the NYE dance two or three years ago, but a lot of those dancers have not been coming to any dances lately.

I lead a trivia team on an on-line trivia site that attracts top-notch players from all over the world, and I have led my team to the top of the bunch, either #1 or #2 in almost every game.  Why haven't I been able to do the same with my contra dance?

Pot Luck is going to play for New Year's, so I have a band lined up.  It's going to be $15 instead of the usual $10, but we're going to go five hours instead of three and a half, and we'll have two breaks instead of one.  Pat Czar is going to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before appearing.