Tuesday, August 23, 2016

An August Event

A decent dance on Sunday, the 21st, with John Roger calling (I don't think there's an S on his name) and Dorothy and guest fiddler playing.  John was calling them Southern Atlantic Muse, but I think that was Dorothy and Kevin's band name, not sure.  I think John's calling was improved this time over last, but he was hard to hear, some kind of microphone issue, especially the feedback, which was making me cringe.  The balance of men and women was better this time than last month, but there were still about four or five extra women sitting out, and many women left at the break or even sooner.  Now that Meetup is discontinued, I'm not seeing as many new faces at the dance.

I reminded everyone at the dance about the October and New Year's Eve 5th Saturday dances, but I forgot to remind folks that the October dance is going to be an open-mic event for callers.  I need to get the word out about that.

Some exciting news possibly coming in the near future, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before appearing.