Monday, March 21, 2016

Sunday March 20th Dance

I'm doing this early for a change, but I'm lacking in information, sadly.  I was late getting to the dance because I was at a WLRN event earlier in the afternoon, so I don't know what the caller's name was, other than Bob.  The band was Cornbread.  It's always nice having a different caller, and he had some different dances for us, including a square, which I have not seen in Boca except on one previous occasion other than when I called one.  If I have a quibble, it's that he didn't show us anything new, or even rare.  I think the last time I was introduced to something new was the dolphin hey, and that was four years ago down at Palmetto Bay.  I tried introducing the double back dip to our group, which I learned from Youtube, but no one else has taken it up as an option.  I may call another dance later this year just so I can introduce new moves.  Unfortunately, when I'm calling, I'm not dancing, so I don't get to participate in the new moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed before appearing.